Thursday, September 15, 2011

Uh Oh!!!!

So here I am working away on a series of work that embodies the message of womens' roles in modern society and WHAM it hits me. This is not what I want to be doing!  Uh oh! I have just realized that I have been forcing myself to work within a subject that I think will be of value in the art community not what I find of value to me!  I have been struggling to create art that went along with this concept but I keep running into dead ends and a profound lack of interest on the subject. Not that this is not an important issue, its just not my important issue.

So I dug out a few of my old Anthropology and Geography texts from Undergrad (Yes, I am a closet nerd!!) to take a break from art & critical theory heaviness. Reading them over raised many questions.  I found I had a multitude of ideas and directions to go in with my work.  I now understand that I need to put these concepts and ideas into my art. So..... I am scraping all I have done this semester and starting anew! I have so many things I want to explore that I feel energized and can not wait to get started. Just needed to share this with you all. Wish me luck. Who knows what will come out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment