Friday, August 31, 2012

Begin.......

Large 3-part composite vessel

Two part body with neck

Three part vessel


After spending much of the last few weeks researching and drawing I finally began to work in the ceramic studio. I have created three composite vessels  to work on which are now ready for the "drawing" stage. I have formulated multiple slips that I will be using along with underglazes, lusters, mishima and image transfer to impart meaning onto the ceramic surface. Each vessel's shape represents my family dynamic at a particular point in my life that relates to the narrative on the surface of the vessel. This personal narrative will combine the iconography that I have developed from my "family stories" with the ceramic form creating my own visual language.

No comments:

Post a Comment